Hamilton Park- A Look Back
The Hamilton Park Pavilion was originally opened on September 9, 1925 at a cost of $75,000.00. It was constructed as a Big Band Dance Hall. The first musical performer was Johnny Clark and His Orchestra.
Later it was altered and renovated in 1941 by E. Wallace Cone and in 1978 by John Damico. The Pavilion was then used as a roller skating rink. The floor of the Pavilion is the same floor used, and the circular floor boards can still be seen in the lobby.
In 1991, this historic Hamilton Park Pavilion became home to Seven Angels Theatre. The fledgling, non-profit made over $125,000 of renovations using private donation funds, and in the Spring of 1992, the theatre officially opened with the world premier of the musical Balancing Act.